Our client is a specialist High Risk Motor Insurer recruiting for a senior Private Motor Underwriter to develop into this newly created role. Working closely with the Actuarial team.
Providing expertise to the Company, applying the same to assist the Company in meeting its stated underwriting philosophy and meeting/exceeding its published business plan in respect of underwriting profit for its Insurer Partners.
Monitor and report on performance and progress against the agreed premium and performance targets set by its insurer partners.
Provide underwriting expertise as required by various stakeholders.
What expertise & experience are required?
· Well developed understanding and appreciation of interpreting management information reports and data trend movements;
· Sound knowledge of statutory and regulatory requirements in relation to motor and general insurance;
· Advanced technical knowledge and understanding of motor and general insurance underwriting techniques, rating and product design and build;
· Knowledge of intermediary and aggregator systems and how products flow through these systems;
· Well developed PC skills including use of Microsoft Office applications;
· Ideally ACII qualified or working towards