Skills and Experience needed:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent skills in explaining, both internally and externally to key business partners, the interpretation of policy wordings, underwriting and pricing decisions and the outcome of audits.
- Able to impart/explain technical knowledge/issues to non-technical people.
Being able to demonstrate
- Good negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel to intermediate level.
- Organised and thorough, with good project management skills and demonstrating attention to detail.
- Good risk evaluation skills.
- Proactive, innovative, self-motivating and able to work with minimal supervision, with a desire to learn.
- A team player; participating with other team members and contributing constructively.
- Confident and exhibiting a willingness to take responsibility and make decisions/recommendations, as appropriate.
- Able to prioritise work to meet deadlines.
- Good problem solving ability
- A sound understanding of underwriting and pricing principles and experience of a wide range of technical issues, including the construction of policy wordings.
- A working knowledge of the personal lines market and of current legal/industry developments affecting the market.
- An understanding of the software house market and the way insurance products are developed on their systems.
- Experience of project work is required.