About the role
The role will be office based but will require frequent travel to visit new and existing clients, and for off-site training and other meetings as and when required.To develop and maintain the relationship with existing clients and to target new clients from the market place by the effective marketing of current prospects.
Establish and manage with each client a renewal strategy in accordance with the division’s procedures/aims to maximise renewal success.Responsibility to ensure that clients are correctly and adequately insured for all of their insurance exposures and that correct advice is given.
- To liaise with Accounts and Claims Handlers to complete all supporting documentation to maintain and achieve client service standards.
- To take ownership of client accounts, resolving queries and problems in a timely and efficient manner to avoid credit control, bad debt and insurer reconciliation issues.
- To identify, seek to mitigate and respond appropriately to any conflicts of interest which may arise.
- To support the Division in the achievement of sales targets.
To be aware of, and to follow at all times, the firm’s policy on Treating Customers Fairly.
- To actively cross-sell products from other Divisions.
To maintain professional competence by complying at all times with the Training
Experience & Professional Qualifications required
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in providing specialist advice in the insurance market
- Must be qualified to a minimum of Dip CII
- Excellent level of technical insurance skills, to be assessed regularly.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Excellent negotiation and broking skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence others.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to gather and analyse information from the client and insurers.
- Ability to identify and respond appropriately to an individual client’s level of understanding.
- Ability to build rapport