We have a fantastic opportunity for a New Business Underwriter with a top Insurer.
You will deliver the branch trading results through effective underwriting of commercial risks within agreed authority levels whilst delivering an excellent customer service to brokers.
- Underwrite new business profitably, accurately, consistently and in line with agreed customer service standards.
- Demonstrate contribution to loss ratio control by effectively adhering to branch UW controls.
- Build relationships with intermediaries and branch account managers to maximise financial results and to generate new business opportunities.
- Build a reputation as a trading expert working with intermediaries and build confidence in the branch ability through interaction with our Underwriting Technical Centre
- Contribute to the development of colleagues by coaching and acting as a reference point to assist in decision making within empowerment
Who are we looking for?
Skills and Knowledge
- Cert CII qualification with DIP CII desirable
- Strong trading capability – commercial awareness, negotiation skills, and customer service skills
- Pragmatic and confident decision maker with good numerical reasoning skills
- Proven experience of underwriting in a composite insurance environment
- Sound knowledge of legislative and regulatory requirements for insurance (including treating customers fairly)
- Knowledge and understanding of the commercial insurance market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent risk assessment and risk management skills