All candidates for this role will be….
Experienced, confident and enthusiastic Commercial Insurance Client Handler sought by forward-thinking & award-winning Independent Insurance Broker for a rewarding and challenging role in our client’s Commercial Account Managed Team.
Playing an integral part in the Commercial Account Managed Team, you’ll have a good understanding of Commercial insurance products (including Business Interruption, Material Damage and Liability). You’ll have the drive and ambition to grow your own book of business as well as handling day-to-day enquiries with positivity, passion and professionalism.
Thriving on providing top-level Customer Service, you’ll be a convincing communicator, and enjoy being challenged in a role that will give you balance and reward in equal measures.
We welcome all the usual things; professionalism, accuracy and technical ability, but what we really look out for is personality, team fit and someone who could make a really positive difference to the team and wider company.
As an employer they offer continual professional development and will commit to supporting you with your Cert CII journey.
About the Role
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Retain, manage and develop a book of Commercial Clients (Premiums up to £350k)
- Seek and maximise opportunities within existing relationships and generate new leads
- Manage policy renewals & MTAs with confidence and accuracy
- Negotiate effectively
- Work efficiently on achieving targets for retention, new business and cross selling
- Draft reports professionally and chase clients for information
- Deal with general enquiries from clients, through careful and tailored communication
- Provide support to the wider team
What you’ll need to be able to offer
- Good technical understanding of Commercial products (ideally a focus on BI, Material Damage and Liability)
- Organisation, accuracy and attention to detail
- Passion, energy and a strong customer service ethos
- Effective, confident & considerate communication both in writing & verbally and an ability to adapt your communication style accordingly
- Intuitive thinking and convictive decision making
- A willing approach to training and personal development
- IT confidence and ideally, experience of using Acturis (not essential)
- Educated to a minimum A Level standard, with GCSE/ O Level passes in English Language and Maths
- Have a Cert CII under your belt or at least have a keen interest in starting and committing to your CII journey
What’s on offer?
- Fully funded Cert CII Pathway up to ACII level (including Membership, Study Materials, Exam Entry and paid study leave)
- A generous annual salary, reflective of your experience and commitment
- Annual Profit Share Bonus
- A rewarding role within a supportive and fun working environment
- 22 days annual leave (plus Bank Holidays), rising annually up to 27 days
- Season Ticket Loans
- Employee High Street and Online Discounts
- Auto Enrolment Pension
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday 8.45am to 5.00pm
Benefits: Fully funded CII, annual profit related bonus + more