We are looking for experienced Claims Handlers with 2-3 years experience in dealing with general Insurance Claims.
To assist the team in providing an effective and efficient claims service to our customers. To deal effectively with all claims allocated, ensuring that company policy, procedure and regulatory requirements are adhered to at all times.
About the role
- Efficiently handle all claims allocated to the job holder – job holder shall be responsible for a designated caseload handling claims from cradle to grave and liaising extensively with clients. Insurers, claimants, policyholders, brokers and other experts.
- Refer claims which fall outside of personal authority levels to line manager.
- Gather and process information, as directed, to support the effective assessment of more complex cases.
- Assist in the training of new or inexperienced staff in the use of company systems and processes.
- To maintain and develop personal knowledge and skills through continued professional development as well as ongoing desk training and ensuring, that this is recorded in like with Training & Competency requirements.
- To conduct the business of the company at all times in a courteous and efficient manner.
- The job holder will, at various times act for the insured and the insurer. The job holder will be responsible for adhering to all the groups procedures and policies, in relation to the identification and management of the potential conflicts of interest and for the fair treatment of customers, and will ensure they follow the systems and controls operating to ensure that this is the case.
- To undertake any other tasks as may reasonably be required by the company.
What is required?
- General Insurance principles and practice
- Class of risk, product and market knowledge
- General Insurance regulation & business ethics
- Customer care extensive experience
- IT proficient
- Planning and organising skills
- File management & Technical coaching
- Numeracy & Literacy
- Good communication skills
- Self-development motivated
- Coaching & Mentoring